Upcoming Events

Recent News

Open House

2018 - 2019 School Supply Lists

Textbook Assistance:

Effective the 2018-2019 school year, all School City of Hammond (SCH) students must pay textbook rental fees, unless you have been notified, in writing, that your child has been approved for textbook assistance for the current school year.  


Applications for Textbook Assistance must be submitted each school year.  You can complete a paper application at your child’s school or at the SCH Administration Building. You may also complete an online application at: https://www.myschoolapps.com    


It is important to complete the Textbook Assistance application because it has an impact on the school district’s complexity rate, which has ramifications on school funding.






For questions or concerns, please contact Kanisha Jenkins at:

(219) 933-2400 ext. 1068 or at kbjenkins@hammond.k12.in.us   

Asistencia de libros de texto:

A partir del año escolar 2018-2019, todos los estudiantes de las escuelas públicas de la ciudad de Hammond (SCH) deben pagar los costos de alquiler de libros de texto, a menos que se les haya notificado por escrito que su hijo ha sido aprobado para recibir asistencia escolar durante el año escolar actual.

Las solicitudes de asistencia con los libros de texto deben realizarse cada año escolar. Puede completar una solicitud en papel en la escuela de su hijo o en el edificio de administración de SCH. También puede completer la aplicación en línea en:    https://www.myschoolapps.com    


Es importante completar la solicitud para asistencia de libros de texto porque tiene un impacto en la tasa de complejidad del distrito escolar, que tiene ramificaciones en los fondos escolares.






Si tiene preguntas o inquietudes, comuníquese con Kanisha Jenkins al: (219) 933-2400 ext. 1068 o a  kbjenkins@hammond.k12.in.us   


Dear Parent/Guardian:

All students who ended the 2017-2018 school year in good standing, along with the students in the same household, are grandfathered in attending the Hammond Public Schools for the 2018-2019 school year.

When the 2018-2019 school year begins, SCH will start the process of updating its student enrollment records. More information will be distributed once school begins. A letter will be sent home with every student informing them of this process.

Please know that students new to Hammond for the 2018-2019 school year must live within the City of Hammond and provide two proofs of residency at the time of enrollment.

 It is important to note according to Board Policy 5111, SCH has opted to end open enrollment. If your student was admitted to SCH prior to this decision being made, he or she has also been grandfathered along with other students in the same household. The only exception to this decision is for students who auditioned and are accepted into the Hammond Academy for Performing Arts (HAPA).

More information will be sent to your attention when it is available.


vision Statement

#Wildcatsmatter... That's the Wildcat Way!

The Hammond High School Community promotes well-rounded scholars who are creative, collaborative, effective communicators, critical thinkers and life-long learners who are prepared for their future endeavors.





How to find us


New IN Race/Ethnicity Reporting Requirement
Letter to Parents: English- Spanish ; Brochure: English - Spanish
Reporting Form: English - Spanish

Keeping Children Home When They Are Ill: English - Spanish
Fact Sheets: Pertussis (Whooping Cough) ; Meningococcal Disease: English - Spanish

It is the policy of the School City of Hammond not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age or handicap in its programs as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1), Title VI and VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX (Educational Amendments), and Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
Si usted necesita información acerca del School City of Hammond (las escuelas públicas de Hammond), de alguna escuela de nuestro distrito en particular, o de algún programa en español u otro idioma, por favor, llame a nuestro departamento de educación bilingüe si necesita ayuda al (219) 933-2455.

Dr. Johnny Goodlow, Jr.
Dr. Goodlow

Twitter Feed

what's new